How to Unzip a File
On a Windows Computer
1. When you download a clipart collection or background bundle, a zip file will automatically download to your Downloads button. After it downloads, a notification will appear in the bottom left corner of your screen. Click on the arrow next to the file name once the download has completed and choose Show in folder. Alternatively, you can navigate to your Downloads folder from your file explorer.
2. In your Downloads folder, locate the collection’s zip file. It will have a folder-with-a-zipper icon. Right click on the icon and choose Extract All..
3. When prompted, you may choose to Browse to a different folder location on your computer. For example, you might want to keep all yearbook-related material in particular location. If this is the case, navigate to the folder where you will keep your yearbook graphics before extracting the files. Click Extract when you are ready to unzip the file.
4. Once the file has unzipped, you will see a new folder containing the graphics in it, ready to upload to your yearbook software. There is no need to keep the original zip file on your computer once the files have been extracted.
On a Mac Computer
- Locate the downloaded .zip file
- Double click the .zip file. This will create a folder of the same name that contains all of files that are contained within the zip.